Need Source for Rocky Rancilio Bearings

Discussion of grinders for brew and/or espresso uses
MECohen
Green Bean
Green Bean

Need Source for Rocky Rancilio Bearings

Postby MECohen » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm

The upper bearing on my Rocky Rancilio Doserless grinder is starting to go. I've torn it apart to confirm the diagnosis. Unfortunately the bearings are not available from any of the companies that sell Rocky parts. There most be a standard bearing out there that could be used as a replacement. Does anyone have any info about availability or the size and type used? I know I can buy all types of bearings for under $20, I'm certainly not going to buy a complete replacement motor for $200+.

Thanks for any help!
Marc

MECohen
Green Bean
Green Bean

Successful Bearectomy for Rocky Rancilio

Postby MECohen » Mon May 08, 2017 3:25 pm

I successfully replaced the upper bearing in my rocky. The bearing model is "201RS Shielded Deep Groove Ball Bearing 32mm x 12mm x 10mm". Purchased on Amazon for under $10, also had to buy an inexpensive Bearing Puller so I could grind down the jaws to fit between the plastic fan blades. That was $17. The Rocky is humming again! If anyone needs more detailed info, get in touch with me.

MECohen
Green Bean
Green Bean

Re: Need Source for Rocky Rancilio Bearings

Postby MECohen » Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Can't seem to edit my own posts - probably too much of a newbie. Any way I mis-typed the bearing model number. It's a "6201RS Shielded Deep Groove Ball Bearing 32mm x 12mm x 10mm".

CucamongaDan
Full City
Full City

Re: Need Source for Rocky Rancilio Bearings

Postby CucamongaDan » Fri May 19, 2017 9:53 am

That's so cool that you've documented the fix as doable here. Any one else who has that grinder and has a little DIY aptitude is going to be much obliged.

Now as for the inability to edit one's posts it's nothing to do with newbiness but that the forum is not fully functional for some reason. There are supposed to be reply, edit, and delete buttons to the left of your user name and avatar in the upper right of your post. If you slowly drag your cursor to the left of your avatar you may see the arrow turn to a hand one ore more times and each time a different little box will say reply to post, edit post, or delete post. I could do it that way for a while but right now I can only seem to find the invisible "reply with quote" button.

EDIT: Huh that's weird. On this brand new post I can find invisible "reply with quote", "report this post", "edit post', and "delete post" buttons, but on older posts I made only the "reply with quote".

Return to “Coffee Mills, Espresso Mills”