FreshRoast SR700 Heater Element Turns Off?

Fresh Roast, Hearthware iRoast, Nesco Roaster, Air Poppers
jmm5351
Green Bean
Green Bean

FreshRoast SR700 Heater Element Turns Off?

Postby jmm5351 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 am

Hello all,

As the subject of this post suggests, I'm interested in knowing if the heating element in the SR700 turns off and on preventing some people getting through first crack. I like the profile that an Air Roaster produces and I'm interested in buying an SR700. I had an SR500 but it did not perform desirably. When I put the temperature switch on "HIGH" to get through first crack, the unit would throttle turning off the heating element and would turn back on again after a few seconds. This always prevented me from reaching first crack because the air would not get to a hot enough temperature. I plugged the SR500 into a Kill-a-watt and I could see the power constantly going down and up and down and up which verified the heating element was turning off and on. I would only hear several beans crack and the roast was never fully developed. This was a known problem and there are threads on this in SM Forums like this one: http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/ ... =25&t=2542

My question is the following, does the SR700 throttle the heating element in the same fashion as the SR500 and can prevent the user from getting through first crack? Does anyone know or can verify this by plugging their unit into a Kill-a-watt or a similar device.

I appreciate any and all information.

Best Regards,
Jeff

P.S. This is my first post so I apologize if I did something noob in the forums.

ELGUAPO
First Crack
First Crack

Re: FreshRoast SR700 Heater Element Turns Off?

Postby ELGUAPO » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:17 pm

yep, I gave up on air roasters and switched over to whirly pop roasting. So happy since then :P
SPQR

jmm5351
Green Bean
Green Bean

Re: FreshRoast SR700 Heater Element Turns Off?

Postby jmm5351 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Did you verify it was the heating element by some means and, if so, how?

Thanks for your response.

Return to “Using Air Roasters”