Zambia Kasama Estate

Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Congo, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Yemen, India, Thailand, Vietnam
el grano viejo
Past Crop
Past Crop

Re: Zambia Kasama Estate

Postby el grano viejo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:43 am

Thanks, Dan, lots to think about. I have a feeling the next order will be difficult to curtail. All four Brasils are calling, both Z beans & several others to boot. Fortunately, the green shelf has a little room to spare. The question -- is it wise to give into temptation this early in spring? Guess I'll find out.
e-g-v

martin
Past Crop
Past Crop

Re: Zambia Kasama Estate

Postby martin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:10 am

By an odd coincidence, I had just been looking over the new arrivals before dropping by this old watering trough, and the Kasama was one of two from last Friday which caught my eye (the other was the Brazil). According to my limited, local coffee wayback machine, the Bourbon/Catimor Kasama was a May 2016 arrival. And there's very little different in the cup scores or tasting notes between that and the current lot - you have to look hard to pick them out. The not-so-very-way-back archives don't seem to include any other Zimbabwe than the current offering. ;-(

This morning's cup was from the final roast of Wollega Leka Wato which is nice and ready after about 60 hours, and that has my eying the Wengo, the only DP Yirge currently listed, as well.
Sweet Maria's, Behmor, Encore, Bonmac, CCD, Pavina - fun AND good coffee

Return to “Africa, Arabia, Asia”