Coffee Review Archive

Coffee-related talk, Home Roaster Gatherings, Traditions and Shares, Etc.
pShoe
Green Bean
Green Bean

Coffee Review Archive

Postby pShoe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Does every coffee end up in the archive, and if so, is it immediately after they are sold out? I'm having no luck tracking down the review for Colombia Nariño Buesaco Honey.

martin
Past Crop
Past Crop

Re: Coffee Review Archive

Postby martin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:43 am

I think there's a manual step betwixt the offerings list and the archive that occasions some delay. And occasionally one gets overlooked. In the meantime, from my data scraper:

This honey process lot from Buesaco is sure to please those fans of fruit forward naturals, with big dried and fresh fruit flavors, immense body, and a more muted acidity that fully washed counterparts. The aromatics are loaded with fruit jam smells, strawberry-rhubarb and lingonberry come to mind, getting into wine-like fruit territory with deeper roasting. Breaking the crust on our Full City roast revealed a smell of blackberries that are slightly overripe, still packed with sweetness, and pairing well with chocolate roasty tones. We enjoyed this coffee at both light and darker roast levels. Our City roast showed a surprising level of acidity, cranberry juice tartness and flavor note, that cuts through the fruited profile that follows. A multitude of berry flavors come through as the coffee cools, like dried strawberries, tart goji, raspberry preserves, and more. Body is quite thick, even in light roasts, and the finish is relatively clean considering the processing method. Full City roasts have nice chocolate tones, berry tea, fig jam, and a pleasant baker's cocoa bittersweetness in the long finish.
Sweet Maria's, Behmor, Encore, Bonmac, CCD, Pavina - fun AND good coffee

pShoe
Green Bean
Green Bean

Re: Coffee Review Archive

Postby pShoe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:26 am

Nice. Thanks, Martin.

Return to “Coffee Chatter”